What is a third overtaking lane?
The third lane is used only for passing, but great care must be taken when driving through it, as these lanes are not continuous along the road (they are found at specific places).
What are the third overtaking lanes for?
Sirven para adelantar por un carril adicional en un solo sentido, evitar los represamientos por otros vehículos, y transitar en algunos sectores a una velocidad de diseño de 80 km/h, con el objetivo de mejorar la movilidad de los usuarios de ésta.
How many third overtaking lanes does the Concession build?
In total, 43 points of third overtaking lanes will be built along the 146 km of track involved in this infrastructure project.
Why are the third overtaking lanes built?
In compliance with the Contract, which stipulates the geometric conditions of the concessioned road to guarantee fluidity in vehicular mobility, which seeks to reduce damming, especially for cargo vehicles.
MAKING GOOD USE OF THIRD TRAVELING LANES ALLOWS US TO AVOID ACCIDENTS ON THE ROAD AND TRANSIT SAFELY.
"Respect the traffic signs at these sites and the floor signs that it warns."
WHEN TRAVELING THROUGH THE THIRD TRAILING LANE, PLEASE NOTE:
- Always travel in the right lane and keep this lane when entering an overtaking lane zone.
- Only overtake when you have visibility distance. Overtake in the left lane.
- Make overtaking in the left lane.
- Once the vehicle is advanced, enter the right lane again to continue the journey.
- You must be aware of the horizontal and vertical signs that indicate the end of the passing lane.
- Do not invade the opposite lane which is separated by a double solid yellow line.